There are so many benefits of living in a wooded community.
- Increases Property Value
- it enhances the appearance of the property – it can increase property values as much as 20 percent.
- properties with trees usually sell faster
- Healthy, mature trees add an average of 10 percent to a property’s value. USDA Forest Service
- Energy Savings
- shading from trees can reduce your air conditioner use by 25% during the summer months
- trees break the wind during the winter which would allow you to use less heat
- Curb Appeal
- wooded areas are beautiful and peaceful
- shrubs and plants can add aesthetics and it can enhance your quality of life
- health benefits – research has shown that a walk in wooded areas can help with psychological and emotional stress.
The net cooling effect of a young, healthy tree is equivalent to ten room-size air conditioners operating 20 hours a day. U.S. Department of Agriculture
One acre of forest absorbs six tons of carbon dioxide and puts out four tons of oxygen. This is enough to meet the annual needs of 18 people. U.S. Department of Agriculture