Super Bowl Sunday has always been know for three things – football (obviously) commercials and snacks! It’s a day to indulge in your favorite football treats. Who are you rooting for? Tampa Bay Bucs or the KC Chiefs?
Cheese Nip Mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning dry mix
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tbs salt
Combine the ingredients above. Pour mix over 14. oz cheese nips. Bake at 250 degrees for one hour, stirring ever 15 minutes. Cool on waxed paper
Chili Cheese Dip
- 8oz of cream cheese
- 1 can Hormel Chili (with or without beans)
- 8oz pkg chedderella or combo of cheddar & mozzarella cheese
Add cream cheese to bottom of baking dish. Spread on chili then top with cheese. Bake 300 degrees for around 20 minutes or until bubbly. Best served with Doritos!
Stuffed Banana Peppers
10-12 fresh banana peppers – cut off the ends of peppers then de-seed and slit them down the sides.
- 1 fresh clove minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp red pepper or cayenne
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1/2 c bread crumbs
- 1 c parmesan
- Optional: Blue cheese or other soft cheese
Mix together then stuff into the peppers. Add a strip of cheese (cheddar or provolone) over the stuffing. Bake on a foil lined sheet. 450 degrees for 20 minutes till lightly browned (do not burn)
Hot Pepper Salad
- 1 lb Hard Salami – cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 1 lb Ham – cut into squares
- Variety of cheese: Provolone, Swiss, Cheddar – cut into squares
- 2 Jars Progresso Cherry Peppers in oil cut up
- 2 Jars Progresso Pepper Salad
Mix all ingredients together & include all juices. Stir occasionally – make several hours ahead to allow juices to mix.
You make add drained olives before serving if you wish
Chicken Wing Dip
- 8oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c blue cheese (can be substituted for ranch)
- 1/2 c franks red hot buffalo sauce
- 1/2 c cheddar cheese shredded
- 1-2 large chicken breast (about 2 cups – cooked & shredded)
Mix cream cheese, blue cheese, buffalo sauce & half the cheddar. Fold in the shredded chicken. Top with remaining cheddar cheese & bake for 10 minutes or until golden and bubbly on top.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Nonstick cooking spray, for the basket
- 2 pounds chicken wings, split at the joint and tips removed
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 c hot sauce, such as Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing, for serving
Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray and set aside. Pat the chicken wings dry and sprinkle generously with salt. Place the wings in the fryer basket so they are not touching (if necessary to fit, line up the drumettes standing upright along the sides). Set the air fryer to 360 degrees F and cook for 12 minutes, then flip the wings with tongs and cook for 12 minutes more. Flip the wings again, increase the heat to 390 degrees F and cook until the outsides are extracrispy, about 6 minutes more. Meanwhile, warm the butter in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave until melted, about 1 minute. Whisk in the hot sauce. Toss the wings with the butter mixture to coat in a large bowl and serve with dressing on the side.
Mac & Cheese Pizza Bites
- 22 slices large pepperoni, divided
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 4 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 c. milk
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 3/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 8 oz. elbow pasta
- Freshly torn basil, for garnish
Preheat oven to 400°. Cut a slit into the center of 18 pepperoni slices and place a slice into each hole of a muffin tin. Chop remaining 4 slices of pepperoni into small pieces.
In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and whisk until golden. Slowly pour milk in while whisking. Add heavy cream, garlic powder, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
Add mozzarella and ½ cup of Parmesan and stir until cheese is melted.
In another large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, 7 minutes. Reserve about 1/2 cup of pasta water, then drain.
Add 2 tablespoons pasta water to cheese sauce and stir to combine. Add pasta and toss to coat. Add more pasta water as necessary to loosen sauce.
Spoon macaroni into pepperoni cups. Top with about 2 tablespoons of Parmesan and chopped pepperoni. Bake until tops are golden and macaroni feels firm, 20 to 30 minutes.
Remove cups from tin and top with basil and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan before serving.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 six oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-2 tbsp. chili powder
- black pepper to taste
Brown onions in a bit of hot oil. Add ground beef and brown, pour off excess fat. Add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer for 45 minutes covered then 15 minutes uncovered.
Want to add a Mexican flavor to it? Add in a cup of salsa then serve it with tortillas, cheddar cheese and sour cream on the side!
Still not sure what to make? Why not make a Charcuterie board!
Featured here we have:
- Mozzarella in marinated oil
- Munster Cheese
- Hot pepper cheese curd
- Black Olives
- Prosciutto and provolone stuffed hot peppers (BJ’s Store Find)
- Home made prosciutto wrapped cheese sticks
- The meat is a mix of calabrese, italian dry, soppressata and genoa salami
- Sliced Pepperoni
- Red and Green Grapes
- Bacon Jam
- Two types of crackers
Add a garnish like rosemary & voila! This board fed 8 people.