As Spring approaches, you may find yourself trying to figure out whether or not you should try to landscape your yard yourself. Landscaping is a big part of being a home owner. Here are some pros and cons of DIY landscaping.
- Money – You save money in the long run, as long as you have the right equipment. If you need mowers and rakes, it may cost you a little more to invest.
- Handing issues that arise– By doing the landscaping yourself, you do not have to wait for someone to get back to you if something is out of stock or you are having an issue. You can alter your yard any way you would like midway through the project if you do not like it.
- Done on your own time – You can start your DIY project at the spur of a moment. If you hire a landscaper, you may have to wait till the time is right for them.
- Exercise– You will definitely get a great workout in if you decide to landscape yourself, which is an awesome bonus!
- Time – If you are a newbie when it comes to landscaping, certain projects may take a lot of time. Landscaping is a big commitment. “Chicago Tribune reports that Americans spend about 70 hours a year on average caring for lawns and gardening.”
- Expertise- Landscapers have years of experience and knowledge under their belts. They know what soil, mulch, plants and seed is best for your yard.
- Lack of tools – Depending on whether or not you have the right tools for the job, it could potentially go over the limit you wanted to spend.