With temperatures hitting well into the 90s many people are looking for ways to beat the heat indoors. Here are some fun tips to stay cool inside and have fun.
- Create an Indoor Obstacle Course
Organize your furniture and belongings to create a fun-filled obstacle course right in your home. You can take chairs, cushions, pillows and any other items to make a trail of challenges, twists and turns to burn energy or just have fun.
Some ideas include:
– Putting a row of chairs together to crawl under
– Lining several pillows in a row to hop over
– Grabbing an item as a weight and carry it up and down the stairs several times
– Complete a task like throwing a bean bag in a small trash can several times
– Walking a balance board or line on the floor made with tape
– Balance a ball or an object for 30 seconds
Use this activity as a great way to brainstorm and come up with some indoor summer fun!
- Make a Cool Treat
Another way to get your creative juices flowing is blending some icy cool summer treats. With any regular blender you can make slushies, fruit smoothies, frozen lemonade; the list can go on and on with what is in your fridge!
A good smoothie can consist of a simple ice, water and fruit blend mix. Have some fruit left over from the farmer’s market? Throw it in with a little juice and ice!
- Make Movies or Home Videos
Lights, cameras, action!
This can be done with just a cell phone or tablet and a little planning!
– Come together to create a fun story line
– List out some ideas of where to shoot, this may include going outside
– Get creative with wardrobe (towels as capes, make some crowns out of cardboard) or use old Halloween costumes
– Find or make some fun props to use
– Find an app that can make videos or something for your desktop
– Edit as a family
Ideas for home movies can be as creative as you like. Lastly, you can release your movie to the world or just keep as a family memory.
- Build A Fort
This is an old but very loved way to pass hot summer days when there is nowhere to go. Taking couch cushions, chairs, blankets and sheets to create a cave or dungeon are just two ideas for playtime.
Here are some more ideas to create forts at home.
- Try some DIY Facial or Hair Masks
Basic ingredients in your fridge and cabinets can make for a relaxing spa day at home. Honey, coconut oil, oatmeal and avocados can be nutritious ingredients to enhance your skin and hair.
Here is one basic mix for a face mask:
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
Mix these ingredients together and leave on your face for 10-15 minutes. Follow up with a luke warm water rinse and moisturizer.
Here are more recipes for at home face and hair masks.